Source for child seat seat belt brackets?

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
meloosifah
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Source for child seat seat belt brackets?

Post by meloosifah »

Good afternoon all. I have a jumpseat/child seat for my 140, and the seatbelt, but no seatbelt bracket. I looked at a friend’s 140 and the brackets are very simple, standard Seatbelt brackets. Does anyone have a source for these?
Name: Edd
Aircraft Type: 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired

Re: Source for child seat seat belt brackets?

Post by 4004 »

Are you talking about the triangular fitting with the bolt hole and slot in it that the belt loops through and then bolt to the airframe, if so, Aircraft Spruce has them, and probably WagAero.
meloosifah
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by meloosifah »

Well - turns out that these are not available from any of the normal sources - anyone have a child seat with seat belt that you would be willing to provide pictures of? I am going to have to fab the seat belt attach points but the parts catalog photos are pretty grainy. Would love to have dimensions if anyone has these brackets.

I guess the alternative would be to install the seatbelt 172-style with the little triangle brackets bolted to an eye bolt - any thoughts on that?
Name: John C
Aircraft Type: 1946 C140/C90
Occupation-Interests: A&P, semi-retired

Post by 6643 »

Check your private messages.
Name: Edd
Aircraft Type: 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired

Post by 4004 »

Checked my aircraft - probably OEM installation since I have known/been involved with this aircraft for 50 years! "Bracket" is just a rectangular piece of al 1.5" X 3'' and top third bent forward about 30 degrees with three holes - top one for seat belt connection and the bottom two are bolted to the cross piece at the rear of the baggage compartment floor which looks like two AN 3 bolts facing aft. Metal "tab" looks like about .040". Each tab bolted to the outboard end of the cross piece close to the fuselage wall..
Easy tab to make - if you haven't resolved the issue, I can make better measurements and mike the thickness of the al. At my age, I don't do pictures but if you are pressed for time, probably get daughter to transmit photo.

Edd

PS You may be talking about the end of the seat belt and not the structure connection. You didn't respond to my above entry. When Jphn C gets involved, one generally doesn't need any more assistance!! :)
meloosifah
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by meloosifah »

Thanks all. John sent the drawings and there is a cut sheet. The drawings don’t show materials though. I assume these are aluminum. If you have one, would love to know material and thickness. Looks like there are 3 metal tabs; a bushing with a 2.5” bolt through it holds the 2 double bent tabs that the belt attaches to, with a 3rd single bent tab sandwiched between bolted to the airplane. Very simple design.

The tabs I can make, the bolts I have, and the bushing I will have to find. Already have the seatbelt and seat, and an upholstery shop is making a new pad for me this week. Now I’m thinking I might need to upgrade to a 4 place intercom so the back seater can participate in the conversations.
Name: Dylan G
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 8378 »

Hi, I am looking for the same information- have not been able to find used attach brackets for the jump seat seat belt, and would like to make them. Would you be willing to share your cut list and drawings? Or if someone has a source for the attach brackets, please share? Thanks!
DMG