Page 1 of 1

Left Brake Line - Part Number 0411797

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:29 pm
by flybuoy
I need to replace this part, but I am not sure what it is supposed to look like. The current one doesn't look right. See the attachment showing the leak. The parts manual does not have a good description. I think it is a one piece that runs all the way from the flexible brake hose to the connection to the gear leg. Does anyone have a picture of one? Or better yet, does someone that is parting out a 140 have one that they would sell?

Thanks

Roger

Re: Left Brake Line - Part Number 0411797

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 3:10 am
by dcannon
Need to fabricate a new line. Spruce has all the hardline tubing (5052-O) and fittings. Search the forum, there are a few threads on the topic. Might be good to find a local A&P to help.

Re: Left Brake Line - Part Number 0411797

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:37 pm
by V529
It would be best to make it. The situation you have is very common. The tolerances where that line fits under the gear leg "gear box" is very tight to the lower skin (with angle channels) and it's easy to fret the line on one or the other. (gear box or belly skin angle).

It can be replaced in place, but takes special tools (that you probably have to make yourself)
I check my own lines at each annual to make sure they aren't chafing.