Trade or sale: C-140 for trade perhaps?

For Buyers & Sellers: A Place to List Aircraft and Related Parts For Sale or Wanted to Buy

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
meloosifah
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Trade or sale: C-140 for trade perhaps?

Post by meloosifah »

Good day all! I have a 1946 c-140 with low TT and low SMOH. I have a big passle of kids and we are really rapidly outgrowing the little bird. I am probably in need of a 4 seater, preferably a tailwheel. Anyone have any interest in trading their 4-seater for my 140? Obviously there may need to be additional cash consideration depending on the plane.

I would love to keep the 140 AND get a larger plane but not sure if that is feasible - might consider buying a Navion/Stinson/170/Maule/Pacer/etc if the price was right but I think a trade is probably the best option.

This 140 has most of the desired upgrades (alternator, starter, odyssey, com, ADSB, 150 exhaust, 3200 TW, LEDs, auto fuel, 800 tires, Cleveland’s, etc) and is very well maintained. Just replaced the rear windows and all tires/tubes at annual last week. I also have the child seat and seat belt installed and the hat shelf (not installed) if someone wanted to remove the back seat.

C85 with 650 hours - flown 120 hours this year and over 60 per year the previous 2 years since I’ve owned it. 2000-ish total time. 950 lbs empty.

I know it’s a long shot but thought I would at least throw it out there.
huntair1
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Re: Trade or sale: C-140 for trade perhaps?

Post by huntair1 »

Asking price.
meloosifah
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by meloosifah »

I fly every week, so I’m not really wanting to sell the airplane unless I have another airplane lined up. My kids would be very disappointed with me if we were without a plane for any significant amount of time.

As far as price, I really don’t know what it’s worth. If you go by the barnstormers asking prices, I would say this plane falls right in the $35,000-$40,000 range. Are they getting those prices? I don’t know. If you have a line on a decent, four seat aircraft, preferably a Taildragger, let me know, and we can talk price on mine.

I am not looking to make a fortune off of this plane, but I have invested quite a lot of money in it to make it nice and light. My goal when I bought it was to keep it long-term so that my kids could use it for flight instruction. The problem is, more of my kids love flying than I thought. So now I really need extra seats. Only two of my six kids can use the back seat at this point, and one of those is pretty tight.
nodak170
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by nodak170 »

Sent you a message
jwlynnav
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by jwlynnav »

Do you still have the 140? Where are you located? I’m in Kentucky
JW
meloosifah
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by meloosifah »

Sent you a PM. Thanks!
carlrh747
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by carlrh747 »

Where are you located?
meloosifah
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by meloosifah »

KAID - central Indiana.
Name: Ted L
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 1710 »

Long shot- Is your 140 still available? Thanks
meloosifah
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by meloosifah »

I have been flying a lot, both for pleasure and for work. I still have the plane. I am not sure, honestly, if it’s still for sale. I need a plane to fly. I have my eye on another plane, but I would have to be able to work out a deal where I sell this one and buy the other in short order. So any sale of this plane would be contingent upon the other seller agreeing. Unless, you had a trade offer in mind.

Message me with a number to reach you at, and I would be happy to talk with you.