SCAM ALERT!

For Buyers & Sellers: A Place to List Aircraft and Related Parts For Sale or Wanted to Buy

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

SCAM ALERT!

Post by 6999 »

On May 31, I posted on this forum to purchase a set of the original hollow aluminum axles used on C120s/140s. I got a PM from username "collinshoward36" suggesting I contact "Showalter Palmer palmershowalter@outlook.com." I did so (in a normal email, not through the Association website) and got a response from him. Long story short, I agreed to buy the axles from him; he wanted a Zelle payment, but he asked that it be sent to someone named Adam Angwin, which I sent. I got one more email from him saying he would "advise me about shipment"; however, that was about a week ago, and I've not heard anything from him, even after sending him another email inquiry.

So, this looks like a SCAM. My advice to others is to ignore anything from collinshoward36 (I found that he only joined the organization on June 1, 2024), from Palmer Showalter, or from Adam Angwin.
Name: John C
Aircraft Type: 1946 C140/C90
Occupation-Interests: A&P, semi-retired

Re: SCAM ALERT!

Post by 6643 »

When was the first contact you received?
Name:
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Re: SCAM ALERT!

Post by 6999 »

On Thu Jun 06, 2024 at 8:30 am, I received a PM from "collinshoward36", who suggested I email "palmershowalter@outlook.com" (i.e., not through the Organization), which I did shortly thereafter using my normal email account.