Convention

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Re: Convention

Post by V529 »

Typically the convention host will have vans that drive folks to and from hotel.
Name: Ted L
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 1710 »

Looking for a qualified C140 pilot to fly my 140 from Dickson TN(M02) to Sandia Airpark (1N1) after the convention. I will pay all expenses and return airfare to your home. The 140 is in good shape with a fresh annual. It is Day VFR only and is radio challenged.Reason for the ferry is Medical on my part.
I will be at the convention on Friday if we could meet. My name is Ted LaComette and my contact info is: email N2THEWILDBLU@Yahoo.com. or call or text 931 7972608. Thanks
V529
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

Another fine conventions in the books!!!!

Our Convention host, Brad Haslett did a great job of coming up with an excellent schedule of events, opening up the airport for the attendees and keeping the show moving. "Discovery America" was a true hidden gem in the West Tennessee area, take a minute and look it up on the internet........If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend it.

Unfortunately the weather pretty much closed off members from flying from the east or south. Those of us from the north and west were able to make it in ( and out!)

There were some new members and new airplanes at the convention, it's always great to see new faces and make new friends!

If you ever have the opportunity to make a convention, please consider it, the chance to see different parts of the country and meet other members from all walks of life is a real pleasure. I've often said the convention for me is time spent with my extended family. Over the years I've been able to make long term relationships with other members from all over the US.

Did I mention the food???? Brad did a stellar job of putting together the best menu we've ever had!! BBQ, Chicken one meal, Pork the next and a professional STEAK Grill squad that did the meal for the Banquet..........Wow! top that. Truly impressive. We were all very fortunate that Brad really put on a show.
Name: Virgil W
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 6409 »

Arrived back in Macon last night around supper time...tired but full of enthusiasm after attending the 43rd annual convention in Dyersburg during the past week. Thanks to Brad Haslett and his group of volunteers for making our visit so enjoyable! Every convention is special and unique, and I have never left any of them without expanding my aviation knowledge and adding new friends from other locations. Dyersburg was no exception.

I would like to thank Brad and his volunteers, particularly Tim, Mike and Michael for the time and effort they put in to make the convention work. Thanks go also to Brad's wife and daughter for sharing their husband/dad with us for the past week.

My next stop is Sun in Fun next spring. Jeff Tourt and I will be there, holding down the table in the type club area and we hope to see you there.
Virgil Warren,
Immediate Past President
KMAC
Macon Downtown Airport
Name: Bob P
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests: Flyboy

Post by 3679 »

Where is next year's Convention??
Bob Parks
Texas State Rep.
N140P 1947 C140
N180W 1978 C180
Name: Virgil W
Aircraft Type:
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 6409 »

Hey Bob.
There were no volunteers at Dyersburg for next year, but the BOD is currently exploring several options. Look for an announcement in the next thirty days.
Virgil Warren,
Immediate Past President
KMAC
Macon Downtown Airport
Name: Matt and Carole Rybarczyk
Aircraft Type: 120
Occupation-Interests: Retired

Post by 1567 »

Matt and I got as far as Peru, IL on Sunday. We then spent 2 days watching a stalled front remain. . Well stationary. The folks at Midwest Avtech were great, we had a clean terminal to sit in, met great people, had the plane in a hangar, a courtesy car that didn’t have holes in the floor and a pub next to hotel. What more could you ask for? We finally got VFR at the last checkpoint and had an enjoyable hour flight home at 2000’.
Matt and Carole Rybarczyk
V529

Post by V529 »

1567 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:22 am Matt and I got as far as Peru, IL on Sunday. We then spent 2 days watching a stalled front remain. . Well stationary. The folks at Midwest Avtech were great, we had a clean terminal to sit in, met great people, had the plane in a hangar, a courtesy car that didn’t have holes in the floor and a pub next to hotel. What more could you ask for? We finally got VFR at the last checkpoint and had an enjoyable hour flight home at 2000’.
Matt and Carole Rybarczyk

Good deal! The Michigan Mob made it as far as the southern end of the state. Low ceilings and short viz obscured the center of the state. Dick and Nicki made it to Jackson. Marv n Linda Poland made it to Sturgis and I made it to Watervliet, the site of the fly out at the Michigan Convention. We all drove home, then made it back down today (Wednesday) to pick up our airplanes and fly home. Great tail winds on the way home, I saw almost 160mph going north! The landing was nasty though......steep winds and crosswinds.

All's well that ends well. Great trip!
Name: Jeff T
Aircraft Type: 48 140 C90
Occupation-Interests: Auto,Marine&Aviation Repair

Post by 6898 »

Dyersburg 43rd Convention shirts and hats are now available through the store
Jeff T 1948 C-140 NC3600V
Past President 120 140 Assoc. 2019-2023