Mac Forbes

A Place to Share Experiences and Discuss Aviation Stories

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: John Kliewer
Aircraft Type: C120
Occupation-Interests: Corporate PIlot - retired

Mac Forbes

Post by 6863 »

Not until I received and read the Association Spring 2024 Newsletter today did I realize that we have lost Mac Forbes. I'm probably the last to learn of Mac's departure from us, but I simply have a need to publicly ackowledge it. Mac and I had several occasions to communicate through PMs and other means. Reading and reflecting on what Mac had to say in those communications always left me inspired. Many thanks Mac for your wit, wisdom and humanity for which I had a high regard. Rest in peace.
John Kliewer

"Make things as simple as possible but no simpler." Albert Einstiein

"Wheels move the body. Wings move the soul."
Name: Mike Smith
Aircraft Type: 140A (2) 1949 & 1950
Occupation-Interests: Retired aerial power line patrol pilot for Gulf Power Co
120-140 Assoc. Florida Rep. N9633A & N9688A

Re: Mac Forbes

Post by 6183 »

Like John, I too was very surprised to learn of Mac Forbes passing when I read about it in the current newsletter. Mac was always there for anyone who had questions about Cessna 120-140 aircraft be it locating hard to find parts or finding individuals with the knowledge of how to make repairs, Mac was always ready and willing to help. We're going to miss seeing and talking to Mac especially at fly-ins like Sun N Fun. Fair Winds and Blue Sky Our Old Friend!
Name: Dean DeRosia
Aircraft Type: Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests:

Post by 6478 »

Same here. I always appreciated his comments which never failed to be positive, encouraging, and helpful. He will be greatly missed. It's surprising that this sad news is just now making it to the forum.
Dean DeRosia
N81L
1946 Cessna 140
Glendale, AZ KDVT
Name: Jeff T
Aircraft Type: 48 140 C90
Occupation-Interests: Auto,Marine&Aviation Repair

Post by 6898 »

Sorry we have lost a great member , our thoughts and prayers are with Donna and family. Cindy and I met them briefly at several conventions and as many of our members we've met at conventions, we immediately would think of them as extended family. This assoc. brings us together because of the aircraft, and as we meet and great theirs so much more in common ,and just wonderful friends. It's disappointing for me that we are all so far apart including all are over seas members, or we could visit regularly. Our founding fathers have built a wonderful group of friends thanks to the 120 & 140's and we will miss you Mac along with all your wisdom and love for the assoc., and the little Cessna's
Jeff T 1948 C-140 NC3600V
Past President 120 140 Assoc. 2019-2023