Anyone have photos of their installation? Even better if photos taken during the install. Just trying to get an idea of how big of a project it is.
Thanks,
Steve’s Gascolator Installation?
Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
-
8359
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:53 pm
- Name: Tamer A
- Location: KSNA
- Aircraft Type: 1946 C120 O-290-D
- Occupation-Interests: Engineer
- Contact:
-
dbrown
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2025 6:18 pm
- Name:
- Aircraft Type:
- Occupation-Interests:
- Contact:
Re: Steve’s Gascolator Installation?
I am interested in this as well. Anyone done this?
-
V529
- Posts: 737
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:00 am
- Name: Victor G
- Location: Michigan
- Aircraft Type: C-120
- Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.
- Contact:
Re: Steve’s Gascolator Installation?
I'm on the road for a couple days, could take a pic when I get back. We're talking about the gascolator on the lower firewall correct?
The "B" nut behind the firewall is the issue. Removing the gascolator isn't a problem it's the fuel line behind it.
What I've done is remove the B nut at the fuel selector and draw the gascolator forward to get at the Gascolator mounted fuel line.
Careful! consideration needs to be drawn to re-installation. That fuel line runs right past the Elevator push rod and if contact is made it will eventually wear through the hard fuel line.
The "B" nut behind the firewall is the issue. Removing the gascolator isn't a problem it's the fuel line behind it.
What I've done is remove the B nut at the fuel selector and draw the gascolator forward to get at the Gascolator mounted fuel line.
Careful! consideration needs to be drawn to re-installation. That fuel line runs right past the Elevator push rod and if contact is made it will eventually wear through the hard fuel line.
- 6597
- Posts: 568
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:00 am
- Name: David Sbur
- Location: Vancouver WA KVUO
- Aircraft Type: '46 140 0-200A
- Occupation-Interests: Agriculture
- Contact:
Re: Steve’s Gascolator Installation?
Yes. And the fuel line can be damaged by the elevator pushrod if it is not put back in correctly, here's what I found when I got my bird 32 years ago...What I've done is remove the B nut at the fuel selector and draw the gascolator forward to get at the Gascolator mounted fuel line.
- 6643
- Posts: 2810
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:00 am
- Name: John C
- Location: KLCI, NH
- Aircraft Type: 1946 C140/C90
- Occupation-Interests: A&P, semi-retired
- Contact:
Re: Steve’s Gascolator Installation?
Years ago I found similar damage to the fuel line running through the tunnel. The bearings for the control column were worn (which is why I was in there). The column rocked side to side and it allowed the bolt that attached the pushrod to rub against the fuel line.
John Cooper
www.skyportservices.net
www.skyportservices.net
