LED Nav Lights

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type

Moderators: 6643, 6183, V529

Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
Name: Blaine F
Aircraft Type: C140A
Occupation-Interests: Helicopter Pilot

LED Nav Lights

Post by 8474 »

I just replaced the nav lights with LED ones from Aero-Lites. They offer a few different versions, so not being sure which ones I was going to like, I ordered the NavMax red and green and also the dual mode red and green. I did this because I had broken the green lens on my airplane so instead of replacing that green lens I ordered 2 clear lens's. They also offer these bulbs in white if you want to use your coloured lens's. The dual mode ones are steady or if you turn off and then on they flash. I tried both versions and I think I will stick with the NavMax as they are incredibly bright, although they don't have the flash mode. The dual mode ones are nice, but not as bright when in the constant mode as the NavMax.

I can highly recommend the lites, and the service that Jeremy offers is outstanding.
Last edited by 8474 on Mon May 04, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Re: LED Nav Lights

Post by V529 »

8474 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:06 pm I just replaced the nav lights with LED ones from Aero-Lites. They offer a few different versions, so not being sure which ones I was going to like, I ordered the NavMax red and green and also the dual mode red and green. I did this because I had broken the green lens on my airplane so instead of replacing that green lens I ordered 2 clear lens's. They also offer these bulbs in white if you want to use your coloured lens's. The dual mode ones are steady or if you turn off and then on they flash. I tried both versions and I think I will stick with the NavMax as they are incredibly bright, although they don't have the flash mode. The dual mode ones are nice, but not as bright when in the constant mode as the NavMax.

I can highly the lites, and the service that Jeremy offers is outstanding.
"highly recommend?" the product is what you meant to write?

Thank you for the review, I'm contemplating installing some myself.
Name: Mac Forbes
Aircraft Type: '46 Cessna 140
Occupation-Interests: Retired - Current 120-140 Assoc. NC Rep.

Post by 2066 »

Good info. -- thanks for the report on a nice upgrade, Blaine! I can second the quality of service from Areo-Lites as well as of their PAR 46 landing light replacement bulb. It's going to be interesting to see where the "merge" may be with FAA "approved" LEDs and those that are exactly same, but several hundred bucks less expensive in many instances. Aero-Lites markets both, incidentally, as I understand. Mac
IMG_1239.JPG
IMG_1239.JPG (294.26 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
IMG_1242.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG (252.61 KiB) Viewed 2176 times

Post by 8474 »

V529 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:12 pm
8474 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:06 pm I just replaced the nav lights with LED ones from Aero-Lites. They offer a few different versions, so not being sure which ones I was going to like, I ordered the NavMax red and green and also the dual mode red and green. I did this because I had broken the green lens on my airplane so instead of replacing that green lens I ordered 2 clear lens's. They also offer these bulbs in white if you want to use your coloured lens's. The dual mode ones are steady or if you turn off and then on they flash. I tried both versions and I think I will stick with the NavMax as they are incredibly bright, although they don't have the flash mode. The dual mode ones are nice, but not as bright when in the constant mode as the NavMax.

I can highly the lites, and the service that Jeremy offers is outstanding.
"highly recommend?" the product is what you meant to write?

Thank you for the review, I'm contemplating installing some myself.
And I even proof read it before posting :shock: Thanks for catching that.

Post by 8474 »

2066 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:24 pm Good info. -- thanks for the report on a nice upgrade, Blaine! I can second the quality of service from Areo-Lites as well as of their PAR 46 landing light replacement bulb. It's going to be interesting to see where the "merge" may be with FAA "approved" LEDs and those that are exactly same, but several hundred bucks less expensive in many instances. Aero-Lites markets both, incidentally, as I understand. Mac
IMG_1239.JPGIMG_1242.JPG
Hi Mac, I didn't order the landing lights but a friend of mine did and he was very impressed, said way brighter than the originals at a fraction of the power draw. The Aero-lites are very reasonably priced in my opinion.