Prebuy mechanic referral N. Cali

Ask Questions and Offer Advice Related to the Cessna 120 & 140 Type
Forum rules
You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 Association in order to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search for information on this forum. Use the "Join" link in the red menu bar.
mbruffy
Name: Matt Bruffy
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests:

Prebuy mechanic referral N. Cali

Post by mbruffy »

I’m in the market for a 120/140 after selling my Stinson. I’m interested in a 120 in the San Francisco area and wanted to see if anyone could recommend an A&P or IA in that area. I’ve looked over the list of mechanics on the association website and have the contact info of several but wanted see if I could get some referrals. Thanks
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Re: Prebuy mechanic referral N. Cali

Post by V529 »

There are a fair number of members in that area, hopefully someone responds. Randy Thompson is certainly knowledgeable, he's several hours north. Do you have his contact info?
mbruffy
Name: Matt Bruffy
Aircraft Type: C140
Occupation-Interests:

Post by mbruffy »

Thanks, I just looked up his contact info on the mechanics list. One of the a&p’s on the list I had contacted said he doesn’t do aircraft work anymore but referred me to Aviation Specialties in Vacaville, does anyone have experience with them? They do say on their website they have experience in the 120.
V529
Name: Victor G
Aircraft Type: C-120
Occupation-Interests: Work on airplanes till the cows come home..........they're still out.

Post by V529 »

Give them a call, who knows one of their A&P's may own a 120/140. If they do the pre-buy, you can always have them contact us or me. Also look in the library under 100hour/annual check list. There are some notes at the back that highlight special areas to inspect on the airplane.